Who We Are
The Dayton Chapter of A Special Wish Foundation serves Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Darke, Shelby, and Mercer counties. Over the past 30 years, our chapter has granted over 1,600 wishes to children living in its six county area. We are thankful to the many Dayton area companies, organizations, individuals and volunteers for their generous donations and support.
The mission of A Special Wish Foundation – Dayton Chapter is to grant the wish of a child or adolescent (birth through age 20) who has been diagnosed by a physician with a life-threatening disorder.
Facts About A Special Wish Foundation:
- A Special Wish Foundation - Dayton Chapter, began in 1983 and has grown to become the largest Special Wish Chapter.
- We are the only wish-granting organization in the nation serving both children and adolescents from birth through age 20.
- We are funded entirely through the generosity of Miami Valley residents and organizations.
- We never use phone solicitation or professional fundraising organizations.
- We are a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization.
- All contributions to the Dayton Chapter of A Special Wish Foundation are tax deductible.