6th Annual Superhero Donut Run - May 15, 2021!
The 2021 Superhero Donut Run 5k/10k/Fun Run, Presented by Allstate Benefiting the Dayton Chapter of A Special Wish Foundation, Inc will be LIVE and IN PERSON on Saturday, May 15th!
The 5K, 10K, and Fun Run begin and end at Centerville High School football stadium.Join us after the race to grab a hotdog, chips, banana and of course, Bill's Donut's famous donuts!
Below you'll find highlighted changes to this year's event, as required by Public Health - Dayton and Montgomery County. Please understand that this list is not inclusive and is subject to change. Changes will be posted below and we encourage you to review them prior to participating on race day.
- Participants are required to self screen and must be free of symptoms and illness for 14 days prior to the race. Symptomatic participants may not participate. You will be asked covid symptom related questions at packet pick up.
- There is no paper registration available.
- There will be no onsite registration on race morning. You must register online by 9 am on race day.
- We strongly encourage you to pick up up your items at the packet pick up noted below. If you're unable to do so, you can pick up beginning at 7:30 am on race day. Whether at packet pickup or on school grounds on race day, you must wear a mask while in line to pick up your race items and you must maintain six feet physical distance from the person in front of you.
- Participants must wear masks until the race actually starts. The mask or face covering must cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Though our physical contact with participants will be minimal, hand sanitizer will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- You can begin lining up at 8:50 am for the kids run at 9am and 9:10 am for the start of the 5K and 10K. Please wait in your car until it is time to line up.
- We will have an area marked with cones, staggered six feet apart. Participants will stand, physically distanced in the parking lot and waiting to enter the start area.
- Participants are encouraged to maintain a distance of six feet from other participants and to run/walk single file as far right as possible, allowing enough room for others to pass if needed. Thus, running/walking side by side or in groups is highly discouraged.
- There will be no water stops on the course, so please bring your own water. At the finish line, we'll have bottled water and snacks to take with you.
- Restrooms may or may not be available.
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during, or after race.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which include high fives, fist bumps, or close contact before, during or after the event.
- Before, during, and after the race, participants must abide by the six-foot physical distancing requirement when lining up or passing other participants.
- Spectators are not permitted on the course, at start line, or finish line.
- Please do not congregate after the race. Participants are encouraged to gather their belongings and leave immediately after the race.
- There will be no post race awards ceremony.
- Please read and follow all guidelines for this event. We cannot stress this enough. If these guidelines aren't followed, we'll have to stop the race. Additionally, following these guidelines will demonstrate to decision makers that we can continue to have future events.
Schedule of Events (subject to change)
Registration and packet pick up opens 7:30am
Kids Fun Run (ages 8 and under) start 9am
10K start 9:20am
5K start 9:20am
We will adhere to a 20 min/mile pace and everyone must finish up during that time.
Want to support the race but aren't able to attend in person? Register for the virtual option and pick up your race items at packet pickup or choose to have them mailed to you. Cost for shipping and handling will be $12.50. The pricing, shirt and medal are all the same! Simply post a pic of your run using #aswrun.
Submit your time by May 15th at 11:15am
Using one of the two options below, you have until May 15 to submit your time
Download the IYR Virtual App - Use the app on your run, walk, or roll and your time will upload automatically to the race site when you finish your registered distance!
Or add your time manually - Add your time by finding your name on the results page. Make sure you choose the virtual race from the drop down.
Medals and Awards
First place male and female receive a dozen Bill's Donuts each week for 1 year!
The first 500 registered will receive a Superhero Donut Run Medal! Shirt and medal designs pending.
The top fundraiser of this event will receive a dozen Bill's Donuts each week for 1 year!
For every $100 raised, you will be entered to win a half dozen donuts each week for 1 year!
The mission of A Special Wish Foundation - Dayton Chapter is to grant the wish of a child or adolescent (birth through age 20) who has been diagnosed by a physician with a life-threatening disorder. In 38 years, ASW Dayton has granted over 1,750 wishes!
The Dayton Chapter of A Special Wish Foundation serves Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Darke, Shelby, Mercer, and Northern Warren counties. We are thankful to the many Dayton area companies, organizations, individuals and volunteers for their generous donations and support. By participating in the Superhero Donut Run you are helping to grant a local child's Special Wish!
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A SPONSOR AND FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION!
Now through April 24,2021
5K: $30 | 10K: $40 | Fun Run (Age 8 and under) $15
(Superhero Donut Run t-shirts are guaranteed to registrations received PRIOR to April 24, 2021)
Picture of shirt coming soon!
Late registration - April 25 through May 14
5K: $35 | 10K: $45 | Fun Run(Age 8 and Under) $15
Shirt not guaranteed
Day of Race registration (if not sold out)
5K: $40 | 10K: $50 | Fun Run(Age 8 and Under) $20
No shirts for day of registrations!
Pre-registration bib and t-shirt pickup
Thursday, May 13th 12 P.M. to 7 P.M. at
Runner’s Plus: 8970 Kingsridge Dr., Dayton, OH 45458 | (937) 424-8840
(PLEASE NOTE: Pre-Registration bib and t-shirt pickup does NOT include early pickup for the Kid's Fun Run!)
To be determined
10K Course Sponsor
5K Course Sponsor
KID'S FUN RUN SPONSOR
FINISH LINE SPONSOR